Latest coronavirus update from the Welsh Government, dated yesterday (Thursday) is:
- An independent review and further advice from Qualifications Wales about options for qualifications in 2021 have today been published.
- The interim findings by the independent review panel chaired by Louise Casella is published at: https://gov.wales/independent-review-summer-2020-arrangements-award-grades-and-considerations-summer-2021
- The advice from Qualifications Wales is available at: https://qualificationswales.org/media/6751/letter-of-advice-to-the-minster-for-education-on-assessment-arrangements-for-2021.pdf
- An update from Education Minister Kirsty Williams is available at: https://gov.wales/update-education-minister-qualifications-wales
- A £12.5m package of funding to support vulnerable children and families has today been announced by Julie Morgan, Deputy Minister for Health and Social Services.
- It will support a range of services for children and families whose lives have been affected by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- Lithuania and Cyprus have been added to the list of countries which people returning to Wales will need to isolate on arrival. More information in the review of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) (Wales) Regulations 2020: https://gov.wales/written-statement-health-protection-coronavirus-international-travel-wales-amendments-9
- The latest Technical Advisory Cell summary report is available at: https://gov.wales/technical-advisory-cell-summary-advice-23-october-2020
- NHS capacity and activity during the coronavirus pandemic: https://gov.wales/nhs-activity-and-capacity-during-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-29-october-2020
The coronavirus firebreak FAQs have been updated with a section about arrangements for Remembrance events: https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions
- A firebreak to break the cycle of infections and bring coronavirus under control began on Friday October 23 and ends on Monday November 9
- Frequently asked questions https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions
- Overview of the rules to follow (multiple languages) https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-guidance-summary
- Closure of businesses summary: https://gov.wales/closure-businesses-and-premises-coronavirus-covid-19
- Taxi and private hire vehicles guidance: https://gov.wales/taxi-and-private-hire-vehicle-guidance
- Further education and apprenticeships: https://gov.wales/further-education-and-apprenticeships-coronavirus-firebreak-guidance
- Childcare and play guidance: https://gov.wales/childcare-and-play-coronavirus-firebreak-guidance
- Exams and assessments: https://gov.wales/examinations-and-assessments-coronavirus
- Schools guidance: https://gov.wales/schools-coronavirus-firebreak-guidance
- Support for businesses: https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/covid-19-support-business
Coronavirus in numbers
- The latest figures published by Public Health Wales today show there have been 1,375 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total to 47,834 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Wales since the start of the pandemic.
- Sadly, another 21 deaths were reported by Public Health Wales today. The total number of deaths reported by Public Health Wales is 1,848.
- These figures are updated daily at: https://public.tableau.com/profile/public.health.wales.health.protection#!/vizhome/RapidCOVID-19virology-Public/Headlinesummary
- Public Health Wales has added a map to its surveillance dashboard showing the number of Covid-19 cases in small local areas. The map shows cases on a rolling seven-day or 21-day basis, or all cases since the start of the pandemic. It shows the number of cases and the rate per 100,000 people: https://public.tableau.com/profile/public.health.wales.health.protection#!/vizhome/RapidCOVID-19virology-Public/Headlinesummary
Where to find the latest information
- A firebreak to break the cycle of infections and bring coronavirus under control began on Friday October 23 and ends on Monday November 9. More information: https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions
- Public Health Wales provides a daily update about the number of cases of coronavirus in Wales. It is available at: https://covid19-phwstatement.nhs.wales/
- Information about coronavirus is available on the Welsh Government’s website at https://gov.wales/coronavirus and https://llyw.cymru/coronafeirws
- Information about support for businesses is available at the Business Wales website https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/
- If you can help the effort to produce PPE in Wales please visit https://businesswales.gov.wales/news-and-blogs/news/provision-critical-equipment-and-personal-protection-equipment-ppe
- The Welsh Government holds a regular media briefing about coronavirus. These are on-the-record, on-camera and supported by a BSL translator. These are held at 12.15pm and live-streamed on our @WelshGovernment Twitter channel.