Latest updates on coronavirus from the Welsh Government are:
- More than 23,000 children and young people have taken part in a landmark Coronavirus and Me survey in Wales.
- A collaboration between the Children’s Commissioner for Wales, the Welsh Government, the Youth Parliament and Children in Wales, the survey has provided a unique insight into how children are coping with the pandemic.
- The full results are available at: https://www.childcomwales.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/FINAL_formattedCVRep_EN.pdf
- Watch the First Minister’s press conference: https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1269954711328747527
- The Deputy Minister for Health and Social Care Julie Morgan marked the start of National Carers Week by announcing an additional £50,000 funding for Carers Wales.
- The new funding will provide more unpaid carers with professional and peer support to help them manage their mental health.
- Updated – frequently asked questions about the coronavirus regulations in Wales https://gov.wales/coronavirus-regulations-guidance
- Public Health Wales has today confirmed a further 42 cases of coronavirus in Wales today bringing the total number of cases to 14,438 – the real figure will be much higher.
- Sadly, there were a further three deaths reported by Public Health Wales today, bringing the number of confirmed coronavirus deaths reported by Public Health Wales to 1,401.
Where to find the latest information
- Public Health Wales provides a daily update about the number of cases of coronavirus in Wales. It is available at: https://phw.nhs.wales/news/public-health-wales-statement-on-novel-coronavirus-outbreak/
- Information about coronavirus is available on the Welsh Government’s website at https://gov.wales/coronavirus and https://llyw.cymru/coronafeirws
- Queries about support for businesses, including about eligibility for the Economic Resilience Fund? Visit the Business Wales website https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/
- If you can help the effort to produce PPE in Wales please visit https://businesswales.gov.wales/news-and-blogs/news/provision-critical-equipment-and-personal-protection-equipment-ppe
- The Welsh Government holds a daily media briefing about coronavirus. These are on-the-record, on-camera and routinely supported by a BSL translator. They will be held at 12.30pm every week day. They are live-streamed on our @WelshGovernment Twitter channel and are broadcast live on BBC One Wales and S4C.
- First Minister Mark Drakeford held today’s press conference – you can watch again at: https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1269954711328747527