Latest Covid-19 updates from the Welsh Government are:
- Public Health Wales has announced that screening programmes in Wales will resume sending invitations and reminders to people eligible for screening for cervical, breast and bowel cancer, starting with Cervical Screening Wales from the end of June.
- Health Minister Vaughan Gething has also urged people not to ignore symptoms which may be cancer, saying the NHS is continuing to provide urgent treatment and diagnostics for suspected cancer.
- Health Minister Vaughan Gething has published a written statement about dexamethasone https://gov.wales/written-statement-dexamethasone-covid-19
- The Chief Statistician for Wales’ latest blog article is about coronavirus mortality statistics and how Wales compares with the rest of the UK: https://digitalanddata.blog.gov.wales/2020/06/16/chief-statisticians-update-how-does-covid-19-mortality-in-wales-compare-with-the-rest-of-the-uk-and-how-does-it-vary-within-wales/
- The Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism has published a written statement about the return of professional sport in Wales, including the return of Championship football behind closed doors in Wales https://gov.wales/written-statement-return-professional-competitive-sport
- Updated guidance for taxis and private hire vehicles https://gov.wales/taxi-and-private-hire-vehicle-guidance
- Public Health Wales has today confirmed 53 new cases of coronavirus in Wales, bringing the total number to 14,922, although the actual number will be higher.
o Sadly, there were 10 deaths of people with confirmed coronavirus reported by Public Health Wales today, bringing the total reported by Public Health Wales to 1,466.
Where to find the latest information
- Public Health Wales provides a daily update about the number of cases of coronavirus in Wales. It is available at: https://phw.nhs.wales/news/public-health-wales-statement-on-novel-coronavirus-outbreak/
- Information about coronavirus is available on the Welsh Government’s website at https://gov.wales/coronavirus and https://llyw.cymru/coronafeirws
- Queries about support for businesses, including about eligibility for the Economic Resilience Fund? Visit the Business Wales website https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/
- If you can help the effort to produce PPE in Wales please visit https://businesswales.gov.wales/news-and-blogs/news/provision-critical-equipment-and-personal-protection-equipment-ppe
- Want to know when and where to wear a face mask? https://gov.wales/face-coverings-frequently-asked-questions
- Want to make your own face covering? https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/publications/2020-06/how-to-make-a-3-layer-face-covering.pdf
- The Welsh Government holds a daily media briefing about coronavirus. These are on-the-record, on-camera and routinely supported by a BSL translator. They will be held at 12.30pm every week day. They are live-streamed on our @WelshGovernment Twitter channel and are broadcast live on BBC One Wales and S4C.
- Minister for International Relations and the Welsh Language Eluned Morgan held today’s press conference – you can watch again at: https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1273215556041052162
Post a Comment