Latest coronavirus updates from the Welsh Government are:
- Health Minister Vaughan Gething has published a written statement update about face coverings, the NHS Wales Test, Trace and Protect service, mortality rates across UK nations and screening services: https://gov.wales/written-statement-covid-19-update
- Education Minister Kirsty Williams has launched the updated School and Community-Based Counselling Operating Toolkit
- The toolkit is available at https://gov.wales/school-and-community-based-counselling-operating-toolkit
- More information: https://gov.wales/written-statement-school-and-community-based-counselling-operating-toolkit-revised-2020
- All care homes in Wales have been offered coronavirus testing: https://gov.wales/written-statement-covid-19-testing-care-homes
- The winners of the annual St David Awards have been announced https://gov.wales/heroes-recognised-in-st-david-awards-2020
- Grant funding of £150,000 has been announced to help strengthen cyber resilience skills across the public sector by Finance Minister Rebecca Evans today: https://gov.wales/new-cyber-training-grant-for-welsh-public-services
- Public Health Wales confirmed 48 new cases of coronavirus in Wales, bringing the total number to 14,970, although the actual number will be higher.
o Sadly, there were five deaths of people with confirmed coronavirus reported by Public Health Wales, bringing the total reported by Public Health Wales to 1,471.
Where to find the latest information
- Public Health Wales provides a daily update about the number of cases of coronavirus in Wales. It is available at: https://phw.nhs.wales/news/public-health-wales-statement-on-novel-coronavirus-outbreak/
- Information about coronavirus is available on the Welsh Government’s website at https://gov.wales/coronavirus and https://llyw.cymru/coronafeirws
- Queries about support for businesses, including about eligibility for the Economic Resilience Fund? Visit the Business Wales website https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/
- If you can help the effort to produce PPE in Wales please visit https://businesswales.gov.wales/news-and-blogs/news/provision-critical-equipment-and-personal-protection-equipment-ppe
- Want to know when and where to wear a face mask? https://gov.wales/face-coverings-frequently-asked-questions
- Want to make your own face covering? https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/publications/2020-06/how-to-make-a-3-layer-face-covering.pdf
- The Welsh Government holds a daily media briefing about coronavirus. These are on-the-record, on-camera and routinely supported by a BSL translator. They will be held at 12.30pm every week day. They are live-streamed on our @WelshGovernment Twitter channel and are broadcast live on BBC One Wales and S4C.
- Health Minister Vaughan Gething held yesterday's press conference – you can watch again at: https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1273578094859743232