Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Saturday, June 6, 2020

Cat thanks another of her coronavirus help group volunteers


* Paula Lingard has been thanked for her work with
 Llangollen Coronavirus Help Group.  

To mark the current National Volunteers Week, Cat Meade, co-ordinator of the Llangollen Coronavirus Help Group, has spotlighted the work of more local people who have been giving their services to help the community through the current lockdown. 

Featured yesterday on the group's Facebook page was Paula Lingard.

Cat says of her: "Paula has been with us since week 1, she contacted me and offered to help, and she has not stopped since, as well as continuing working she has taken a real load off me managing this page, doing all the Admin on Volunteers, logging info on databases and a real support with some tougher tasks where Paula, me and Mike have had to have 3-way calls to come up with a solution.

"Meeting Paula through this group has been a real joy, she has been a real rock at times, she has had some 'needed' chats with me when its all got a bit overwhelming, she is always checking in on me and has wise words to say.

"I am pleased to now call you a friend and one day get to sit in the pub and laugh about these times of you 'telling' me, honestly Paula, you have been a huge support to the group and me personally.

"I asked Paula what she had planned before lockdown and she said:
'The first night of lockdown I panicked. How do you keep someone in when they are used to going out? I had plans, annual leave, grandchildren to visit! The Cornmill, The three Eagles, Gales Wine Bar … The list goes on! I was just starting to get fit with training sessions, it was working until lockdown!

'Then I came across the Llangollen Coronavirus Help group FB page and I just knew I could fill my extra spare time helping in some way.'

"Paula is one special lady, a fountain of knowledge, a heart of gold and a pleasure to know. Please join me in a HUGE THANK YOU to Paula."

No comments:

Post a Comment