There will be some changes to some normal collection days:
- Monday, 23rd December will operate
- Tuesday, 24th December will operate
- Wednesday, 25th December will
change to Thursday, 26th December
- Thursday, 26th December will change
to Friday, 27th December
- Friday, 27th December will change
Saturday, 28th December
- Monday, 30th December will operate
- Tuesday, 31st December will operate
- Wednesday, January 1st will
change to Thursday, 2nd of January
- Thursday, 2nd of January will
change to Friday, 3rd January
- Friday, 3rd January will change to
Saturday, 4th January
- Normal service will resume on Monday,6th
Recycling Parks at Denbigh, Rhyl and Ruthin will be open to the public as normal every day except 25 December, 26 December and 1 January. Winter opening hours are:
- - Monday
to Friday 10am-4pm; weekends 9am-4pm
- - Monday to Friday 10am-4pm; weekends
- The Saturday
recycling services at the will
take place as normal on Saturday, December 21.
There will be no Saturday morning services at all on either 28 December or 4 January 2019.
Saturday recycling services will recommence as normal at on 18 January between 9am and 11am and at Llangollen on 11 January between 9am and 11am.
Christmas trees can be disposed of through the fortnightly garden waste service for subscribers, chopped up into pieces and placed in the bin. Alternatively, people can take their Christmas trees to the recycling centres at Lon Parcwr (Ruthin), Colomendy (Denbigh) or Marsh Road (Rhyl).
Paper Christmas wrapping may be placed with the normal recycling but any wrappers made out of foil or has glitter should be disposed of in the waste bins.
Residents are asked not to over-fill their waste bins over Christmas and ensure they can close their bin lids, to avoid rubbish being strewn across streets during any strong winds. People can place additional Christmas recycling enclosed in a cardboard box for collection.
The Council is also reminding residents that bones from poultry can be placed in food waste bins.