Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
us on

E-mail your contributions to:

We are on Facebook at

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pensioners could get council tax help

Denbighshire County Council has been successful in securing £148,209 as part of the Welsh Government's grant for helping pensioners with council tax.

Pensioners who are in receipt of state pension, are liable to pay council tax in Denbighshire and the address they are claiming for is their main home will qualify for a part of this grant.

They should write in to: Pensioner Grant Scheme, Revenues Department, Russell House, Churton Road, Rhyl, Denbighshire, LL18 3DP, quoting their state pension reference number, their address (including postcode) and their council tax reference number.

The closing date for applications is 1 November when the Council Tax department will arrange to credit the council tax accounts of all applications. This credit will be based on the number of applications received.

1 comment:

  1. This was a very interesting read Philip! I came across your blog while I was looking online for irs tax help and I'm happy I did because this was such a informative and insightful article. Thank you for sharing this with us!