Latest coronavirus update from the Welsh Government, dated yesterday, is:
- First Minister Mark Drakeford has set out the initial details about the new, national measures which will be introduced when the firebreak ends on Monday November 9
- Some details of the new, simplified package have yet to be finalised following the unexpected announcement about a month-long lockdown in England, which will start on Thursday, over the weekend.
- The First Minister today said that people – not government rules – hold the key to the success of Wales’ response to coronavirus as he urged people to adapt their behaviour to the ongoing public health emergency.
- Written statement: https://gov.wales/written-statement-new-national-covid-measures-wales
- Press release: https://gov.wales/new-national-covid-measures-for-wales-first-minister-says-people-not-rules-are-key-to-our-response
- Watch the First Minister’s press briefing: https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1323237353956143105
- This week is Wales Climate Week – a week of virtual events will be held: https://gov.wales/written-statement-wales-climate-week and https://waterfront.eventscase.com/EN/walesclimateweek
- Information about a Covid-19 vaccine, who will get it and when: https://gov.wales/covid-19-vaccine-update
- Updated advice – financial help to pay your bills: https://gov.wales/get-financial-help-pay-your-bills-during-coronavirus-pandemic
- A firebreak to break the cycle of infections and bring coronavirus under control began on Friday October 23 and ends on Monday November 9
- Frequently asked questions https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions
- Overview of the rules to follow (multiple languages) https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-guidance-summary
- Closure of businesses summary: https://gov.wales/closure-businesses-and-premises-coronavirus-covid-19
- Taxi and private hire vehicles guidance: https://gov.wales/taxi-and-private-hire-vehicle-guidance
- Further education and apprenticeships: https://gov.wales/further-education-and-apprenticeships-coronavirus-firebreak-guidance
- Childcare and play guidance: https://gov.wales/childcare-and-play-coronavirus-firebreak-guidance
- Exams and assessments: https://gov.wales/examinations-and-assessments-coronavirus
- Schools guidance: https://gov.wales/schools-coronavirus-firebreak-guidance
- Support for businesses: https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/covid-19-support-business
Coronavirus in numbers
- The latest figures published by Public Health Wales today show there have been 1,646 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total to 53,337 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Wales since the start of the pandemic.
- Sadly, another three deaths were reported by Public Health Wales today. The total number of deaths reported by Public Health Wales is 1,891.
- These figures are updated daily at: https://public.tableau.com/profile/public.health.wales.health.protection#!/vizhome/RapidCOVID-19virology-Public/Headlinesummary
- Public Health Wales has added a map to its surveillance dashboard showing the number of Covid-19 cases in small local areas. The map shows cases on a rolling seven-day or 21-day basis, or all cases since the start of the pandemic. It shows the number of cases and the rate per 100,000 people: https://public.tableau.com/profile/public.health.wales.health.protection#!/vizhome/RapidCOVID-19virology-Public/Headlinesummary
Where to find the latest information
- A firebreak to break the cycle of infections and bring coronavirus under control began on Friday October 23 and ends on Monday November 9. More information: https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions
- Public Health Wales provides a daily update about the number of cases of coronavirus in Wales. It is available at: https://covid19-phwstatement.nhs.wales/
- Information about coronavirus is available on the Welsh Government’s website at https://gov.wales/coronavirus and https://llyw.cymru/coronafeirws
- Information about support for businesses is available at the Business Wales website https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/
- If you can help the effort to produce PPE in Wales please visit https://businesswales.gov.wales/news-and-blogs/news/provision-critical-equipment-and-personal-protection-equipment-ppe
- The Welsh Government holds a regular media briefing about coronavirus. These are on-the-record, on-camera and supported by a BSL translator. These are held at 12.15pm and live-streamed on our @WelshGovernment Twitter channel.
o First Minister Mark Drakeford held today’s press conference. You can watch again at: https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1323237353956143105