Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Friday, June 7, 2019

'Delighted' MP becomes Eisteddfod Friends president




* Susan Elan Jones MP with Friends officers at the Pavilion. 

Clwyd South MP Susan Elan Jones has expressed her delight at becoming the new president of the Friends of Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod.

The organisation has supported the world-renowned Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod for over 40 years and raised close to £½ million.

Ms Jones said: “I felt very honoured when the Friends of Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod asked me to become their president. I was delighted to accept and have already met with committee members to discuss how I can best support the excellent work they do.

“I volunteered as an Eisteddfod steward when I was a sixth former and since then, the Eisteddfod has always been very special to me. I think we are so lucky to have the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod in our area. 

"It's a festival that was dreamt up by visionaries who came together after the Second World War and committed themselves to a world of peace and cultural exchange. 

"I am very pleased to be able to promote the festival, not just in my capacity as the local MP but now also as president of the Friends of Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod.”

No comments:

Post a Comment