Here he explains how it works.
Its a private social network for you, your neighbours, and your community.
Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbours work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world. And it's free.
People are using Nextdoor to:
- Borrow a ladder for example
- Organise a Neighbourhood Watch Group
- Track down a trustworthy babysitter
- Find out who does the best paint job for example in town
- Ask for help keeping an eye out for a pet
- Find a new home for an outgrown bike or similar
- Finally call that nice person down the street by their first name
In many ways, Nextdoor and Streetlife are very similar. Both are neighbourhood platforms, whose goal is to connect neighbours and build stronger communities.
However, there are a few small differences that you should be aware of:
- Nextdoor is more local and private in scope
- Nextdoor offers you the opportunity to invite your neighbours
- Nextdoor is self moderated by neighbourhood Leads
- Nextdoor has a real name policy
- Nextdoor has Community Guidelines, which keeps things friendly
- Nextdoor requires address verification of all members
- Nextdoor has groups, for book clubs, running clubs or anything you like
It can be downloaded on the App Store or Google Play.