Latest updates on coronavirus from the Welsh Government are:
- Education Minister Kirsty Williams has published a
policy statement outlining what the Welsh Government is doing to support
universities and students dealing with the impact of coronavirus.
- Finance Minister, Rebecca Evans has announced that an
extra £248,000 will be available to local authorities across Wales to help
strengthen their cyber resilience in response to the coronavirus crisis.
- To help to maintain high standards of cyber security
during this particularly challenging time, the Welsh Government has
brought forward its cyber funding plans to support our local authorities.
- Each local authority in Wales will receive an initial
grant of £9,000 to help address their priority needs, with the option to
apply for additional money from a £50,000 reserve fund.
- Minister for Environment, Energy and Rural Affairs,
Lesley Griffiths, has thanked independent food and drink sellers who have
kept local supply chains flowing and supported NHS staff during the
Where to find the latest information
- Public Health Wales provides a daily update about the
number of cases of coronavirus in Wales. It is available at: https://phw.nhs.wales/news/public-health-wales-statement-on-novel-coronavirus-outbreak/
- Information about coronavirus is available on the Welsh
Government’s website at https://gov.wales/coronavirus
- Queries about support for businesses, including about
eligibility for the Economic Resilience Fund? Visit the Business Wales
- If you can help the effort to produce PPE in Wales
please visit https://businesswales.gov.wales/news-and-blogs/news/provision-critical-equipment-and-personal-protection-equipment-ppe
- The Welsh Government holds a daily media briefing about
coronavirus. These are on-the-record, on-camera and routinely supported by
a BSL translator. They will be held at 12.30pm every week day. They are
live-streamed on our @WelshGovernment Twitter channel and are broadcast
live on BBC One Wales and S4C.
- First Minister Mark Drakeford held today’s press
conference – you can watch again at https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1257271774133116928?s=20