Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Friday, July 29, 2016

llanblogger strides out to fight dementia



I’m putting my best foot forward to raise money for vital research into dementia.


A couple of people in my family who were very close to me both suffered from dementia and it was heartbreaking to see how they deteriorated.


Every year in the UK a staggering 225,000 people develop dementia – that’s equivalent to one person every three minutes.


* llanblogger Phil Robinson is striding
out in the 2016 Memory Walk.
So I’ve decided to do my bit to help by taking part in the Alzheimer’s Society 2016 Memory Walk which sees thousands of people raising money for a world without dementia across Wales, England and Northern Ireland.
People of all ages and abilities join in, from grandparents to grandchildren, and even furry four-legged friends.


They all walk together to celebrate loved ones affected by dementia, and raise money to reclaim the future.


As it’s the closest to Llangollen, I’ll be joining the Cheshire Memory Walk at Delamere Forest, which takes places on Saturday September 24.


There’s a choice of two routes - 3.5km or 6k.


I’m doing the 6k route through the forest's woodland paths and around Blakemere Lake.


Just £50 can help a PhD researcher to continue research into the causes of dementia, how it can be treated and, ultimately, to find a cure. 


I’m aiming to raise at least £150 for this very good cause, so I’m hoping that as many people as possible will sponsor me on the walk.


You can go online to pledge the odd pound or two on my Justgiving  page, which can be found at:
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Philip-Robinson8

Please be generous as we never know who or when dementia will strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment