Latest coronavirus updates from the Welsh Government are:
- The Welsh Government’s bespoke Economic Resilience Fund
(ERF) has helped to protect more than 100,000 jobs across Wales during the
coronavirus pandemic, new figures show.
- To date, the fund has delivered almost £300 million of
support to more than 13,000 companies in Wales, which has been vital in
helping businesses manage the challenges and economic impacts of
- Health Minister Vaughan Gething has made a statement
about the NHS winter plan to the Senedd today https://record.assembly.wales/Plenary/6563#A60247
- Education Minister Kirsty
Williams has made a statement about schools re-opening in the Senedd today
- The latest summary report
published by the Technical Advisory Cell is available at https://gov.wales/technical-advisory-cell-summary-advice-11-september-2020
- Download information about testing and contact tracing in languages from English and Welsh to Arabic and Tigrinya at https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-multilingual-information-about-coronavirus
- The latest figures published by Public Health Wales
today show there have been 110 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the
total to 19,681 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Wales since the start of
- There have been a total of 1,597 deaths reported by
Public Health Wales.
- These figures are updated
daily at: https://public.tableau.com/profile/public.health.wales.health.protection#!/vizhome/RapidCOVID-19virology-Public/Headlinesummary
- The latest ONS figures show the cumulative number of
deaths involving coronavirus in Welsh residents to 4 September was 2,569.
- Of the deaths registered in the week ending 4
September 2020, there were provisionally four involving coronavirus
registered in Welsh residents – one more than the previous week. Most
deaths occurred in hospitals.
- The excess death rate for Wales for the period 29
February to 4 September was lower than in England (14% in Wales compared
with 23% in England)
- The ONS figures for deaths are different to those
provided by Public Health Wales as they include all deaths registered;
they also measure deaths over a different time period.
Where to find the latest information
- Information about local restrictions in Caerphilly
County Borough Council area: https://gov.wales/local-lockdown
- Public Health Wales provides a daily update about the
number of cases of coronavirus in Wales. It is available at: https://covid19-phwstatement.nhs.wales/
- Information about coronavirus is available on the Welsh
Government’s website at https://gov.wales/coronavirus
- Information about support for businesses is available
at the Business Wales website https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/
- If you can help the effort to produce PPE in Wales
please visit https://businesswales.gov.wales/news-and-blogs/news/provision-critical-equipment-and-personal-protection-equipment-ppe
- The Welsh Government holds a regular media briefing
about coronavirus. These are on-the-record, on-camera and supported by a
They are held at 12.30pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and live-streamed on our @WelshGovernment Twitter channel.