Latest updates from the Welsh Government on coronavirus are:
- Cultural and heritage organisations will be able to apply for financial support from the Welsh Government’s £53m Cultural Recovery Fund from Wednesday.
- Music venues; recording and rehearsal studios; Heritage organisations and historic attractions; accredited museums and archive services; libraries; events and their technical support suppliers; independent cinemas and the publishing sector will also be able to bid for a share of £18.5m.
- More information is available at: https://gov.wales/cultural-recovery-fund-open-applications
- Deputy Minister for Economy and Transport Lee Waters has published a statement about embedding remote working in Wales: https://gov.wales/written-statement-embedding-remote-working
- Up to £1m will be invested in credit unions to ensure they can provide access to fair and affordable credit for people affected by the coronavirus pandemic, Deputy Minister for Housing and Local Government, Hannah Blythyn has announced https://gov.wales/ps1m-help-credit-unions-support-those-need-during-coronavirus-crisis
- Guidance for extended households, including the rule of six: https://gov.wales/guidance-extended-households-coronavirus
- Coronavirus face coverings FAQs: https://gov.wales/face-coverings-guidance-public
Coronavirus in numbers
- The latest figures published by Public Health Wales today show there have been a total of 19,573 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Wales since the start of the pandemic.
- There have been a total of 1,597 deaths reported by Public Health Wales.
- These figures are updated daily at: https://public.tableau.com/profile/public.health.wales.health.protection#!/vizhome/RapidCOVID-19virology-Public/Headlinesummary
Where to find the latest information
- Information about local restrictions in Caerphilly County Borough Council area: https://gov.wales/local-lockdown
- Public Health Wales provides a daily update about the number of cases of coronavirus in Wales. It is available at: https://covid19-phwstatement.nhs.wales/
- Information about coronavirus is available on the Welsh Government’s website at https://gov.wales/coronavirus and https://llyw.cymru/coronafeirws
- Information about support for businesses is available at the Business Wales website https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/
- If you can help the effort to produce PPE in Wales please visit https://businesswales.gov.wales/news-and-blogs/news/provision-critical-equipment-and-personal-protection-equipment-ppe
- The Welsh Government holds a regular media briefing about coronavirus. These are on-the-record, on-camera and supported by a BSL translator.
- They are held at 12.30pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and live-streamed on our @WelshGovernment Twitter channel.
- Health Minister Vaughan Gething held today’s press conference. You can watch again at: https://twitter.com/ITVWales/status/1305469455279947776