Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Friday, November 9, 2018

MP pedals away on Legion's Poppy Ride


* Susan Elan Jones MP taking part in the Poppy Ride in Parliament

Clwyd South MP Susan Elan Jones has taken part in Parliament’s Poppy Ride to promote the Royal British Legion’s 2018 Poppy Appeal.

She said: “I did warn the event organisers that I wouldn’t do very well in terms of cycle speed! However, I’ve worked closely with the campaigns team of the Royal British Legion over the years so I was delighted to support the occasion.

“Right across the constituency of Clwyd South there are a huge number of events taking place to commemorate the Centenary of World War 1.

“There are extremely moving displays, events and services happening in our towns and villages with strong input from local children and young people.  As the local MP, I feel very privileged that I will join residents of four different communities at commemorative services and events.”

No comments:

Post a Comment