* The lights in Castle Street right after the switch-on.
Thousands of people flocked to Llangollen's annual Christmas Festival this afternoon (Saturday) and llanblogger was on hand to record some of the colourful scenes.
* Sion Corn waves to the crowds waiting in Castle Street.
* Chris Burton, dressed as Rudolf, belts out some 60s and 70s sounds in Centenary Square.
* People look for bargains at the Christmas fair inside the Town Hall.
* Market Street was turned into a foodies paradise with the Light Up Local Food stalls.
* The children's fairground ride swings into action in Market Street.
* The parade heads into town led by a horse-drawn wagon.
* Town crier Chem announces the arrival of the big parade.
* Llangollen Silver Band sets the pace for the parade.
* A vintage tractor represents the local farming community.
* Bikers in fancy dress were a major attraction.
* A stylish custom pick-up drew lots of attention.
* Town mayor, Cllr Jon Haddy, arrives outside the Town Hall.
* Juggler Jay Gatling goes through his paces in the parade.
* Huskies were a top attraction with the crowd.
* An elf makes a collection for the festival's charities.
* The Silver Band plays a selection of seasonal tunes in Centenary Square.
* Shea Ferron, one of the stars of the Llangollen Operatic Young 'Uns' next production of Grease, takes the stage.
* A chorus line from Grease performs.
* Cast member Celyn Orton Jones sings another number from Grease.
* Children from Ysgol Bryn Collen delight the Centenary Square crowd.
* A young visitor meets Sion Corn in his Town Hall grotto.
* Two festival volunteers take a break.
* Chef Brian Mellor gives a cookery demonstration.
* High jinks from juggler Jay Gatling.
* The cast of Llangollen Pantomime Group next production of Aladdin perform a selection from the show.
* Elvis Presley makes an appearance with some friends on the Centenary Square stage.
* Llangollen resident Ann Owen, who has raised money for the town's Christmas lights in the past, switches on the illuminations with Cllr Karen Edwards who raised cash for them this year.
* A firework display rounds off the festival.
Post a Comment