Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Skates becomes Rhos Choir vice-president

Clwyd South Assembly Member Ken Skates declared himself ‘delighted and honoured’ after being named the newest vice-president of one of Wales’ leading male vocal groups.

Labour AM Mr Skates was voted into the honorary role with Rhos Male Voice Choir on Monday June 2 after being approached by the committee last month.

He said: “I was delighted and honoured to receive the email asking me to consider becoming a vice-president of the fantastic Rhos Male Voice Choir. The answer was, of course, yes. I’d like to thank the committee for thinking of me and for then voting in favour of accepting me into the role.

“Music, and particularly choral singing, has always played a huge role in Rhos. I have long been a supporter of the choir as well as a fan, and I look forward to continuing to promoting its work in a more formal role in any way I can.”

The choir rehearses at 7.15pm on Monday evenings at the Hafod Social Club and in the Stiwt Theatre at 7.15pm on Thursdays.

Its upcoming dates include shows at St Asaph Cathedral in aid of Arthritis UK on Friday, June 20; an Armed Forces Day event in Queens Square, Wrexham, the following lunchtime and a performance to mark the 80th anniversary of the Gresford Disaster at Wrexham Museum on Saturday, September 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment