Llangollen Community Garden is hosting a Wild Weekend for Wales event on Saturday, March 8.
The event, from 10am-3pm, is sponsored by Keep Wales Tidy will see groups all over Wales doing practical projects to help wildlife. This spring the main focus is on pollinators.
Members of Llangollen Community Garden will be:
Establishing their Coppice Area
- Thinning the sapling trees, clearing bramble, coppicing some of the ash
- Planting hazel
- Under planting with snowdrops (and hopefully primroses).
Planting 2 Fruit Trees
- Planting a plum and a damson. Food for the bees and us!
- Putting up wires to grow a honey suckle along the stone wall behind the social area
- Putting up trellis and planting 2 honeysuckles to cover the metal fencing erected by DCC
Tidying up our existing Flower Beds
Log / Bug Piles
- As an extra to their pollinator plans garden members will saw up some of the many branches in the garden
- The aim is to create 1 or 2 smaller log piles in the children’s area suitable for future mini beast hunting
- Wear footwear suitable for mud and old clothes. Gloves & tools provided.
- Also provided; tea, coffee, juice plus biscuits & cakes too. If possible bring a mug, but we will have some spares.
- Children welcome if accompanied by an adult.
Tell your friends
- Drop in for an hour or two, or bring lunch and stay all day!
Post a Comment