Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Monday, May 6, 2013

New crime commissioner seeks deputy

North Wales Police and Crime Commissioner Winston Roddick has launched a search for a Deputy to support his role.
           
The Deputy Commissioner will work alongside Mr Roddick to deliver the vision set out in the Police and Crime Plan.

They will also share some of the Commissioner’s core functions, including scrutinising the performance of the police force, seeking the views of the public on police and crime issues, and engaging with partners and stakeholders.
           
Mr Roddick said: “Over the past six months I have come to fully understand the scope of the functions that I, as Commissioner, must carry out. I have come to the conclusion that the role of the Deputy is essential in assisting me to undertake what is a massive workload.
            
“I am confident that a Deputy Commissioner will add value by increasing engagement with the communities I serve, supporting my work in holding the Police to account, and ultimately assisting in tackling crime and making North Wales a safer place.
            
“I am looking for an individual who has experience of strategic planning who can also assist to oversee a multi-million pound budget, but who is also a good listener and communicator. Most importantly, I am looking to appoint someone in whose reliability, integrity and good judgement I can have the utmost confidence, and who shares my vision for the policing and criminal justice of the area. Given the prominence of the Welsh language in many parts of North Wales, the Deputy must also be bilingual."
            
Mr Roddick added: “Police and Crime Commissioners are not legally required to follow a formal recruitment process when appointing a Deputy. I believe, however, that it is of utmost importance that every appointment made by me, is made based on an open, transparent and inclusive decision-making process.
           
“That is why I am inviting applications from all suitable candidates from across North Wales. These applications will be assessed upon merit, and not upon any political or personal affiliations.” 
           
Applications are requested by email to OPCC@nthwales.pnn.police.uk by 12.00noon on 30 May 2013 or posted to OPCC, Glan y Don, Colwyn Bay LL29 8AW. The application process is by CV and covering letter. Full details can be found below.
Advert Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner
Application-Pack-Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner

No comments:

Post a Comment