Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Friday, March 30, 2018

Trip of a lifetime for Dinas Bran's Bethany



* Bethany Pierce is South American bound.

A student from Ysgol Dinas Brรขn in Llangollen is counting down the months until she can take part in a pioneering visit to Patagonia, arranged by the Urdd.

Bethany Pierce, 17, from Corwen, applied to join the trip and was invited for an assessment at Glan Llyn near Bala.


This involved an interview, group work, a video clip and a team building exercise.

She was then one of only 25 students from across Wales to be invited to attend the trip in October.

Bethany said: “I’m so excited about going, if a little apprehensive as I suffer from homesickness, but this is too good an opportunity to miss and I will conquer the homesickness.
 

"My local community have really been supportive as l need to raise £2,500.  

"My Uncle is doing a sponsored weight loss, I have set up a Bonus Ball and lots of cake sales."

She added: "I’d heard about the trip and decided to give it a go. Everyone says this is such a worthwhile project and it will certainly open my eyes to the culture and Welsh language traditions amongst families in Patagonia.

“During the visit I will be attending schools and visiting Welsh communities, getting to know families and getting involved in volunteering. This will be an experience of a lifetime.


“I can’t wait!”

No comments:

Post a Comment