Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Saturday, October 16, 2021

Llan man's warm praise for NHS team

* Mike Edwards before his illness.

A Llangollen man has praised a dedicated NHS team for the care they gave him when he fell seriously ill recently.

Mike Edwards says he wants to thank the Surgical Assessment Unit (SAU) at Wrexham Maelor Hospital's Glyndwr Ward "from the bottom of my heart" for the way they looked after him through a "horrible and difficult time". 

Mike contacted llanblogger to say: "On September 28 I was taken ill and my condition worsened by the following day - my birthday, would you believe. 

"We were fortunate to get a GP Trainer from Llangollen Health Centre to do a home visit and after examination she dispatched me to the hospital using the GP referral service. 

"My wife Lis took me to the hospital where again we were fortunate to get through A&E waiting relatively quickly to be triaged when I was admitted to the Surgical Assessment Unit, Glyndwr Ward.

"An X-ray and scan followed, the latter in the middle of the evening, and as a result early the following morning I was operated on for a perforated appendix. 

"Due to complications with a chest infection after surgery I remained in hospital until the following Tuesday morning and I am now convalescing at home.

"What I want to do is pay tribute to the staff of SAU. Firstly to the Consultant, Mr Ben-Sassi, and his team who were highly professional and extremely caring and they got me through a horrible and difficult time. 

"Secondly to the staff on SAU Glyndwr particularly Jo, Sue and Shannon who cared for me and the other patients on the ward at the time often in difficult circumstances.

"The whole team on the ward were brilliant and I have to say I learnt that all angels do not wear wings. 

"The staff of the NHS often do not get the credit they deserve and even get unfair criticism from certain quarters of the media. 

"These ladies and gentlemen work thirteen-hour shifts day after day and I have enormous respect for them and wish to thank them from the bottom of my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment