* An historical battle re-enactment was a popular attraction.
* The plant stalls attract plenty of attention.
* A singer provides musical backing for the fete.
* Aiming for a bullseye on the darts stand.
* Youngsters have fun on a giant inflatable.
* Valley Girls WI do a roaring trade with their summer drinks and scones stall.
* The magic show draws a crowd.
* A couple of fete-goers shelter from a short rain shower.
Only occasional light rain interrupted the sunshine for the annual Rotary and Inner Wheel Fete at Plas Newydd yesterday (Saturday) afternoon.
Hundreds came out to enjoy the usual range of attractions including bouncy castle and slide, Punch and Judy and magic show and a host of stalls and sideshows.
A popular feature for the first time this year was an historical re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings period including realistic-looking sword fights and an encampment.
Raffle tickets were selling well with people aiming to grab the first prize of £500 worth of portrait photography donated by Neil Barrett plus other goodies.
Proceeds of the raffle will go to Hope House whilst the rest of the fete profits are donated to local good causes.
Post a Comment