Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Special medal for Llan man


* Dave Short with his medal
A well-known Llangollen man has been honoured for his years of service with HM Revenue and Customs.

Dave Short, who now works at the post office in Stan’s supermarket in the town, was recently awarded the Imperial Service Medal plus certificate and supporting documentation.

He said: “Many people may know me through various activities in and around Llangollen.
“Although not a native of the town I am a founder member the railway and spent most Saturdays and Sundays in the town.

“After leaving school I moved to Trevor and eventually Llangollen when I got married.
“My son and daughter both attended Ysgol Bryn Collen and Dinas Bran.

“After a short period of employment at.ECTARC I secured a full-time job at the Inland Revenue in Wrexham where I worked until leaving their employment in June 2014.”
He added: “Never did I think any more until I received a letter stating that Her Majesty had awarded me the Imperial Service Medal.

“I was speechless for once and wondered whether it was a wind up until the medal and correspondence from the Medals Office arrived.
“I consider this the greatest honour of my life and I thank the many people who have spent time to congratulate me on this award, which is given to civil servants from all branches on recommendation upon retirement.”

No comments:

Post a Comment