Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
us on

E-mail your contributions to:

We are on Facebook at

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Consider use of accommodation sites before calling police

North Wales Police and Denbighshire County Council are reminding residents that some caravan sites, hotels and guest houses in the region may be accommodating key workers or vulnerable people during the current coronavirus outbreak.

They say reports have been received that some of these locations are still being used in but point out that councils have the ability to agree exemptions to allow certain groups of people to live in these locations on a temporary basis.

Councillor Mark Young, Denbighshire’s Cabinet Lead Member for Safer Communities, said: “We applaud the fact that people are being vigilant and want to do the right thing for the health and well-being of local residents and communities.  

"The majority of these locations should be closed, but in some cases, it has been agreed for them to provide temporary accommodation."

Sgt Beth Jones said: “We understand that people are concerned in the current situation, as a result we are working with our partners to ensure the public have an easy to follow reporting method.  

"By reporting these concerns directly to the council they will be dealt with by the right authority quickly and will reduce the demand on the police control room for non-policing matters. We would like to thank the public for their support and understanding during these unprecedented times.”

* Anyone who is concerned that businesses are operating without prior agreement of the councils, they should contact Denbighshire County Council on 01824 706000 or 0300 123 30 68 outside normal office hours.

If you think that a shop or a business is open to the public in contravention of government guidelines or is not operating safe distancing regulations then again you are asked to contact the county council.

If you see a gathering of people who are not from members of the same family or currently living together either in a public place or at a private venue then notify North Wales Police immediately on 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment