A scheme which aims to get people aged 25 and over back into the workplace and overcome barriers that prevent them from getting work in the first place has been set up in Denbighshire.
The Opus programme supports individuals who are either economically inactive or long term unemployed and are eager to progress into training, volunteering and work.
People that may be eligible for OPUS support may have:
· * No or low employability skills
· * A work limiting health condition
· * Learning disability or difficulty
· * Physical disability or sensory impairment
· * Care or childcare responsibilities
· * Aged 54 and over
· * Or from a jobless household.
Opus is part funded by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government and provides support and interventions that help people with appropriate skills towards gaining work.
The support available includes one to one assistance to create individual plans, work around confidence and building self esteem, training opportunities to improve skills, volunteering and work placements to gain practical work experience, job search, CV writing skills and interview techniques.
* For further information, please contact the Opus team, on 01824 712838 or by e-mail: OPUS@Denbighshire.gov.uk. Twitter: @OPUS_DCC
Post a Comment