Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Thursday, August 27, 2026

Former Llangollen stage star releases her first single

                                       

* Former Young 'Uns star Katie Clark has released her first single.

A talented young singer from Llangollen has just released her first single.

And former Ysgol Dinas Bran student Katie Clark, who first went on stage with Llangollen Operatic Society's Young 'Uns junior section, used her hometown as the setting for the video launching her song Green Valley Girl, which is all about leaving a small Welsh town to live in the city.

Twenty-year-old Katie's shows with the Young 'Uns included Joseph, Bugsy Malone, Wizard of Oz, Grease, Little Shop of Horrors and The Addams Family in which she starred as Wednesday Addams.

She is currently in her second year studying BA Voice Performance and Pedagogy at Leeds Conservatoire.

Green Valley Girl is a lilting, folksy number in which she contrasts the beauty of the trees and sky with the "big, wide world" she's about to enter.

She said: "This is my first ever single release, and I enjoy experimenting with different music genres and styles.

"I have more songs in the pipeline and I am lead vocalist in a band in Leeds called Stop Talking.

"I’m really proud of this song which captures my feelings of moving from a small Welsh town to the city. To launch it I have also created a music video which was filmed in Llangollen.

"I’ve recently found a love for writing music and am proud to share this song with everyone."

The scenes for her video are filmed on the river, near the stream in the grounds of Plas Newydd, at Llangollen Station and on the train.

* Katie's new song is now available to stream on all platforms and you can sample it by following the link here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.