Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod has announced its new line-up of dance competitions for 2023.
The Eisteddfod has long been celebrated for its choral competitions, which culminate in the famous Choir of the World final, and has won a reputation for stunning global participation in its traditional / folk dance categories.
For Llangollen’s first full-length Eisteddfod since the pandemic, an extra day of competitions has been added, for the first time ever featuring ballet, contemporary, commercial and even a dance-off.
Executive Producer Camilla King said: “If you've ever wanted to combine friendly competition with a festival experience then Llangollen 2023 is for you.
"I hope that dancers of all ages will be inspired to come and join us in beautiful North Wales, to perform in the 4,000 seat Royal Pavilion arena, take part in our activities around town, and to compete for the chance to take part in either the Dance Champions Final (with a prize of £1,000), or the Stars of Tomorrow final for our junior performers.”
· Traditional / Folk Dance: for groups of 4-25 performers, aged 16+
· Children’s Folk Dance: for groups of 4-25 performers, aged 16 or under
· NEW: Ballet & Contemporary Group: 4-30 dancers with categories for juniors (9-13yrs), youth (14-18yrs), senior (19 and over)
· NEW: Commercial & Open Group: 4-30 dancers with categories for juniors (9-13yrs), youth (14-18yrs), senior (19 and over)
· Llangollen Dance Off: groups of 4+, no age limit, any style welcome, no selection process
Applications are now open with the full syllabus and application information available on the dedicated participant website:https://eisteddfodcompetitions.co.uk/Applications close Friday January 6 2023 at 5pm.
The Eisteddfod offices will be closed from December 23 – January 8, and it says any competition, press or ticket enquiries will be responded to from January 9 onwards.
* Downloadable syllabus book, application forms and other competitor information available on our dedicated website: https://eisteddfodcompetitions.co.uk/