Residents struggling to secure a job can apply for free support through the county council's Working Denbighshire team.
Working Denbighshire has been in place since 2018 to help tackle poverty through employment.
The service aims to support individuals by providing access to a network of services to provide career opportunities and develop resilient communities around the county.
Over 300 Working Denbighshire participants have already secured a job through the scheme and over 100 participants have already completed a placement of their choice.
Some of the more typical elements of support Working Denbighshire provides are:
* Job searches, CV writing, interview skills/ techniques and completing job applications
* Confidence building, motivational and wellbeing support
* Support in finding work and volunteering placements as well as training opportunities
* Training to learn new skills and gain qualifications
* Funding to help support with courses, transport, clothing or anything else which may be holding you back (subject to approval).
Councillor Bobby Feeley, Denbighshire’s Lead Member for Well-being and Independence, said: “This proactive approach to improve employment gaps has been put in place to tackle poverty throughout the county.”
“It is important that we continue to support our people’s future and provide them with the best possible opportunities.”
“By removing barriers and providing this service of support, we are providing individuals with a greater chance of obtaining a job in their chosen career. I would encourage anyone struggling to secure a job to sign up to this service and make great use of the benefits being offered.”
The service has organised free events in libraries across the county to give anyone interested an opportunity to speak with a Working Denbighshire mentor face to face.
* Events will take place on Wednesday 23rd February, Thursday 3rd March and Friday 11th March. To find an event near you, visit – https://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/en/jobs-and-employees/working-denbighshire/working-denbighshire.aspx or to apply for support fill out the Working Denbighshire referral form via https://working.denbighshire.gov.uk/