Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Prospect Garden Tea Room closes partly because of lockdown

One of the area's most famous cafes has closed its doors for the last time due partly to the coronavirus lockdown.

For the past three decades the Prospect Gardens Tea Rooms in Blackwood Road, Garth has been popular with visitors and locals for its spectacular views of the surrounding hills.

But its owner, Linda, has taken to Facebook to say that Covid had helped her to decide to bring forward her retirement and close the cafe.  

She posted: "Dear friends, First of all I would like to send good wishes to you all and your families. The past months have been difficult for everyone and we still have a way to go before we get any sort of normality back into our lives.

"After a great deal of deliberation I have come to the decision to retire and hang my apron up for good.
"It now feels like the right time for me, to have more time for myself and for my family and friends. Covid has played a big part in me coming to this decision, although being of a certain age retirement would not have been too far away anyway.

"So sadly after 29 years in business Prospect Garden Tea Room is now closed permanently. I have got to say, it has been a big part of my life and have loved running the business, and have made many many lovely friends over the years.

"I will miss all of it, despite the hard work. Oh if only I was 20 years younger.

"I would like to thank all of my customers ,friends and family for the support over the years. I have lots of lovely memories, and I'm sure lots of you will too, of happy times spent at Prospect.
"Lastly but certainly not least I would like to thank my staff over the years for their loyalty and friendships. We have had a lot of fun behind the scenes, and quite a bit of cake eating too, well somebody had to test them.

"I would also to thank my friends and family who have arrived as customers and have been hurriedly snatched into the kitchen, you know who you are, to help out with the washing up during busy periods.

"Without my staff , friends and family and the good teamwork it would not have been possible to run the tea room.

"I send my love and good wishes to you all and a very big thank you for making Prospect Garden Tea Room a reality.

"Wishing good health and happiness to you all. Linda xxx

"Please if anybody has any unspent gift vouchers, get in touch with me and I will reimburse you in full."

No comments:

Post a Comment