Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Saturday, January 23, 2021

Cat's heartwarming story of Llan community spirit

Llangollen Coronavirus Support group founder Cat Meade has told a heart-warming story which shows the town's strong sense of community spirit.

Yesterday evening she posted on the group's Facebook page: "I went to Aldi to get some bits for those we are helping, bulking up on cup of soups, pot noodles, snack and drinks. 

"While going through the checkout the lady asked why I was buying such foods, I explained for those we are supporting with maybe only a kettle for various reasons, she asked what she could do to help.

"So I explained we have a collection point on Abbey Road, Recollections Ltd, should anyone be able to help. As I pulled out my card to pay she swiped the machine with a card from her phone, oh I thought 'staff discount' thanks! No!! she said, 'I want to pay for this shop to help.'

"This resulted in both of us in tears.

"What a wonderful person. She was touched by our conversation and wanted to help! Amazing kind hearted gesture Tracy Griffin.

"Always happy when you see her in Aldi, a credit to the shop, one of our own, once again helping.

"I am overwhelmed daily by the community care and spirit we have here in Llangollen. This past week YOU have provided all housing needs to 2 families, supported others with clothes and helped donate to this very important need of food and drinks.

"What a fantastic bunch you all are, my heart-warming thanks to each and every one of you.

"A BIG shout of THANKS to Kelly's Chippy, Dee Pizza, Adyan's Tandoori Restaurant and Llangollen  Pizza & Kebab who have all donated hot food this week."

No comments:

Post a Comment