Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Sunday, July 24, 2022

On-the-loose cockerels offered safe new home by animal lover


* The two cockerels pictured in their place of safety.

A pair of colourful cockerels which have been seen pecking away on a grassed area close to the busy A5 on the entrance to Llangollen, worrying scores of passers-by, have been taken in by a local animal lover.

Anna Grace Richards has taken to Facebook to say that she’s offered them both a place of safety on her own land at least until their owner comes forward to claim them.

In her post, which has so far attracted over 60 supportive comments, she says:Morning all. These two flamboyant fellows have been clucking about on the Maesmawr/A5 junction for a few weeks, now. 

“I'm aware that they've been discussed on here before, and it does seem as though they may have been dumped. 

“I was keen to get them away from the main road, and I think some kindly people have been feeding them as they were much happier to be approached than a couple of weeks back. 

“Hence yesterday I gathered them up and they are now happily pecking up our paddock and roosting in our old duck house. 

“I thought I better let people know, as I think they might be missed and I know I would have felt concerned if I didn't know where they'd gone! 

“This is their home if they need it, but obviously, should anyone be or know of an owner of these two lovely boys, drop me a message and I'll reunite them.” 

She adds a short video to her post to shown how contended the two birds now seem. 

Some of the comments which have been flooding in say: “This makes me so happy. What a lovely home they now have.” 

“Phew! I wondered where they'd gone. So glad they're safe.”

“Oh my! That’s amazing news! Thank you so much for offering them a lovely home! This makes me so happy Julie Francis.”

“Thank you so much for saving them, such beautiful boys, I did message quite a few rescues who said they couldn’t take any boys.”

“Anna Grace Richards I know it’s so sad, we have hens but some of the girls think they’re boys crowing. Thank you for giving them a safe space. Have been thinking about them recently so happy to know they’re safe.”

“They look very happy, I was concerned everyday coming home from work seeing them so close to the A5, well done.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment