Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Tribute to well-known Llangollen architect

A well-known architect from Llangollen has died at the age of 81.

Before his retirement, John Miles (pictured above) had an upstairs office in Castle Street close to what is now the Bowens office.

He and his late wife Evelyn, who died during the pandemic, moved in recent years to a bungalow on Maes Collen to be near their daughters, Jane and Helen.

During his career John, who came originally from Llantysilio, acted for many local people and businesses when they needed to build, extend or refurbish their properties. 

Paying tribute to John, who died on December 22, Michael Edwards, said: "John and I go back a long way to when we were teenagers going to Rossett Youth Club. 

"As the years passed by I used to see John regularly when I was working for Wrexham Maelor Council and he used to come into the offices to see the Planning Department.

"Later I used to see him around Llangollen when he was practicing as part of his architect’s business. 

"Over recent years when he moved into a bungalow to be near Jane and Helen and the family.

"I used to call regularly as I walked our dog. During the pandemic I used to tap on his window and we’d have chats and put the world to rights. 

"He was a great character and lovely gentleman and a good friend. I will miss our chats with tales and talk of MU and Wrexham AFC. Rest in peace John my friend."

The funeral service at St Collen's Church, Llangollen tomorrow (Thursday January 25) at 12noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment