* Dyfan gives the good news from his hospital bed.
There's more good news from the young Llangollen man recovering from a serious road accident in China.
Nineteen-year-old Dyfan Hughes was hit by a truck as he along with his two friends of the same age, Louis Dennis from Garth and James Thomas from Wrexham - together known as the Westheads - were on one of the final stages of their 10,000-mile cycling trip to Thailand in memory of Tony Edge, the father of their friend Harrison, who died following a heart attack in 2024, and along the way raising over £50,000 for the British Heart Foundation.
Dyfan was rushed to hospital in the city of Chengdu with injuries to both legs, spine, neck and scalp and just over two weeks ago had major corrective surgery lasting for many hours.
Louis and James have already flown home to Wales after staying by is bedside along with his worried parents for an anxious couple of weeks. Dyfan will follow when he is strong enough for the flight home to continue his rehabilitation.
Earlier this week Dyfan reported that his condition was much improved and in his latest update from hospital Dyfan reports more positive news from his latest scan.
On his way to the MRI he says in his social media post: "I'm outside now because I'm on my way to hopefully the last investigation I have here in China.
"If all goes well in this MRI comes back negative the insurers will press the gold button and hopefully book flights and I'll be home within a week.
"It's lovely to get outside in between going from the ward and into the stands. It's the only time I've been outside in the last seven weeks and what's crazy is when I went in to the hospital it was like 40 degrees.""I should just be able to get a flight home now as soon as possible."

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.