The move comes after his management informed them on Sunday afternoon that his bassist and very close friend of many years, Norman Watt-Roy, had suffered a heart attack on Saturday evening and has been hospitalised.
- A concert will be held in Llangollen Town Hall on Wednesday 19th July. It will be a FREE concert and will be headlined by The Delta Radio Band with support from Captain Zed.
- All those who have purchased tickets for the Wilko Johnson will be refunded the full price of the ticket and be invited to attend the free event.
- Refunds will be made via Paypal for all internet sales.
- Those who have purchased tickets from our outlets in Llangollen will be able to get a full refund by returning the tickets to the box office outside Llangollen Town Hall during the festival.
- Those unable to return the tickets for a refund should get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org so that a refund can be arranged.
“Firstly thanks for your understanding & good wishes for Norman’s recovery. Wilko never likes to disappoint his fans & looks forward to being able to play Llangollen next year.” Nigel Kerr, ABS Agency
The Fringe statement adds: "Although it is too early to confirm details, we hope that they will be able to arrange for supporters in North Wales and the North West to see Wilko in Llangollen with his band in July next year.
"We know that it will be a huge disappointment to fans of Wilko and Norman but also hope that you will join us in offering our best wishes to Norman for his speedy recovery."