* Preparing to step back to Victorian times on Llangollen Railway.
Llangollen Railway hosts its Victorian Weekend this Saturday and Sunday.
The aim is to allow visitors to experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the recreated era.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into different aspects of Victorian life on and off the rails.
Visitors can also:
- Step on board one of our historic steam-hauled trains and journey 10 miles through the picturesque Dee Valley to the town of Corwen.
- Take a look inside our Victorian station at Berwyn and discover what life was like for a Victorian stationmaster.
- Learn new skills in the tented circus workshop and witness displays by our costumed street entertainers.
- Marvel at the sight of Queen Victoria and her royal entourage visiting the Dee Valley.
- Regular shire horse demonstrations at Carrog, plus special horse-drawn boat trips between Berwyn and Llangollen.
- Learn how the Victorians fought fires with steam power.
- Witness traditional railway sights as parcels and goods are loaded and unloaded along the line.
- Live music from historic musical organs along the line and Llangollen Male Voice Choir.
- Explore original documents and artefacts charting the construction of our railway back in the 1860s.
A new feature for 2017 is the railway's time travelling experience, stepping back 60 years at a time.
Llangollen station has been transformed to how it would have looked during Eisteddfod Week 1957, complete with live music.
You can climb on board one of its historic steam hauled trains to steam back another 60 years to 1897 at Berwyn – Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee Year.
A traditional Street Fair can be found at Carrog station, complete with rides, stalls and horse power.
There's also a chance to learn new skills in the tented circus workshop and watch displays by costumed street entertainers.
At Corwen, visitors can head into the true Victorian town to experience photographic displays and appropriately dressed shops.
Look out for Queen Victoria and her royal entourage as they make a special visit to the Dee Valley.
* For full details and to book advance discounted tickets online, visit: https://www.llangollen-railway.co.uk/event/victorian-weekend-14th-may-2/