Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Sunday, April 10, 2016

Skates tackles mobile phone companies over service

Ken Skates has urged people in Clwyd South to contact their mobile operators and report problems with loss of service.

Welsh Labour candidate Mr Skates recently wrote to phone companies and Ofcom to raise concerns about repeated signal issues in Wrexham and the Dee Valley.

He had reported problems in several areas throughout the constituency, and continues to press for better provision from providers.

He said: “People contacted me from Penley, Overton, Ruabon, Llangollen - where my office is - and a host of other areas in Clwyd South.

“This week I received an official response from EE which suggested there are 'no issues' in some of the areas I highlighted, which certainly doesn't tally with my experience - nor, I'm sure, with that of many other people in our area.”

Mr Skates added: “Strong, reliable mobile phone signals are crucial for our businesses and for people going about their day-to-day lives, so I wrote to mobile operators demanding urgent action to address the issues we are experiencing.

“I have also written to the Conservative UK Government, which should be enforcing the obligation for networks to provide 4G to 95% of customers by the end of next year. Sadly, they haven't responded yet.”

Mr Skates said he will continue to update people on progress made via his Facebook page www.facebook.com/kenskates4am.

He added: “Anyone who would like more information can contact me on 07526 742607 or email ken4clwydsouth@gmail.com.”

No comments:

Post a Comment