Get in touch ...

Know of something happening in
Llangollen?
Tweet
us on
@llanblogger

E-mail your contributions to: llanblogger@gmail.com

We are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/llanbloggercouk/139122552895186



Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sky man backs bid to save leisure centre

Sky Sports commentator and Wrexham Supporters' Trust president Bryn Law is the latest person to add his voice to the campaign to save Plas Madoc Leisure Centre.

The commentator, who was raised in Ruabon, said: "I'm aware of the threat to Plas Madoc. It would be a very great shame if it had to close.

 "The leisure centre and pool played a big part in my life when I was growing up in Ruabon. I'd never seen a pool with a slide and wave machine before I made my first visit on the very same day I moved house from Liverpool. Our new neighbours took me and my brother whilst my parents unpacked.

 "I've played football and badminton in the gym and I still go to the pool with my children when I come over to North Wales to visit my parents. At a time when we're all being encouraged to live more healthy lifestyles, I'd have thought it would be a better decision to improve not remove facilities. Good luck with the campaign."

His passionate plea is another boost to the growing campaign to save the leisure centre.

Clare Wright, speaking on behalf of the campaign to save Plas Madoc Leisure Centre, said they were grateful to Mr Law for speaking out on this important issue: "The level of support from people from beyond the immediate area is fantastic as they realise the threat to this unique leisure centre. Bryn speaks for many when he says how important it still is to him and his family.

"The full council is voting on the clo sure on February 26th and the campaign group will be holding a mass meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, Feb 20th, at the Air Products Social Club in Acrefair to discuss our next move. We are clear in our minds that the future of Plas Madoc is in the hands of individual councillors and they must do the right thing next week. If they do not, we will hold them to account in their communities."

No comments:

Post a Comment